Did you know?
- There is little high quality research available for working with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD).
- Few studies focuses primarily on the powerful role of occupational therapy based interventions when working with BPD.
- Consumer perspectives have not been involved in evaluating the therapy treatment they receive.
- Approximately 26% of individuals who present to the Emergency Department, due to a mental health crisis are people with BPD (Greyner, 2015).
- High rates of BPD are demonstrated within the adult inpatient setting (24-43%) and outpatient settings (23%) (Greyner, 2015)
- BPD is commonly misunderstood and the most stigmatised mental health diagnosis amongst health clinicians.
- Despite this BPD is treatable and recovery gains can be made!
Become a Leader of Change! By joining you are saying ‘Yes’ to:
- Learn how to partner alongside your clients.
- Learn how to empower others to make change
- Learn skills in managing your own self-care
- Learn about trauma-informed care.
- To raising awareness and knowledge of mental health conditions.
OT for BPD focuses on providing evidenced based resources for a range of mental health conditions including:
- Back Pain
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Mental and physical well being
Other topics OT for BPD focuses on includes:
- Supporting Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students in completing higher education degrees
- Supporting clinical supervisors in the education of Culturally and Linguistic Diverse Students
- Providing emotional and practical support to health care students in obtaining their degree
So, What do You get?
- 100+ Evidenced based blogs on the most effective treatment approaches for working in mental health
- Critical reviews of current evidence
- Access to live webinars delivered by occupational therapists and consumers
- Relevant and client sensitive practice resources Developed by consumer clinicians
- Easy to download fact sheets for clients
- Join our community forum with other students and clinicians worldwide
- Advice and support on becoming an effective clinical supervisor to students
- Strategies to support students with mental health conditions and those from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Backgrounds
- Have your mental health service, practice listed in our directory
And much more to come in 2020!